Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day

This is a day that I like to reflect and remember. Many have given all for us to enjoy this day and they should not be forgotten on this important day.
Some of my fondest  Memorial Day memories come from my younger years in Pittsburgh, PA. It always marked the first days of summer with baseball, watermelon and playing cards pinned to the forks of my bicycle for that cool noise given off by the passing spokes.
So today I will keep the post brief as I'm sure all of you will be enjoying the day off and time making memories with your family.
I will leave you with this photo from cousins Ron and Susie's bee-u-tiful home on Orcas Island...here's Ron and color guard dog Luci handling the colors.



Tomorrow we leave Orcas and head towards the Canadian border. While on the ferry tomorrow I will write a post about our wonderful time here on Orcas Island and share with you the great hospitality and fun we had visiting with Ron and Susie.
Happy Memorial Day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Howard, looking forward to tomorrow's blog!

    ReplyDelete